Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Chicago Man Robs Undercover Federal Agent of $5,000 During Illegal Firearms Sale

 A Chicago man robbed an undercover federal agent of $5,000 during an illegal firearms sale this past week.

Randy Durr, 19, threatened to shoot the undercover agent during the robbery in a grocery store parking lot.

CWB Chicago reported: 

Federal prosecutors say a Chicago man robbed an undercover ATF agent during what was supposed to be an illegal gun sale in a Bronzeville grocery store parking lot last week.

In a court filing to support robbery and weapons charges, another ATF agent described a series of meetings between Durr and the undercover agent that were recorded on audio and video and watched by surveillance teams…

…In a phone call last Wednesday, Durr agreed to sell the undercover agent four handguns for $5,200, according to court records. They met in the grocery store lot around 2 p.m.

As before, the agent went to the meeting with cash bearing serial numbers that investigators recorded in advance.

But this time, instead of getting into the back seat of the agent’s car, Durr sat in the front passenger seat and gave the agent his phone to speak with a man who said he would be at the lot in ten minutes with four guns, the complaint said.

According to Cook County court records, Durr is on bond for a felony manufacture-delivery of cannabis case that stems from a February 2021 traffic stop. Chicago police said they found a digital scale, 13 ounces of suspected cannabis, and $5,248 in the car Durr was driving.

Six months after that incident, prosecutors charged Durr with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon after another traffic stop. That time, Chicago police said they found a loaded handgun with an extended ammunition magazine and an automatic-fire switch in the glove compartment of a vehicle Durr was driving.

But defense attorneys argued that Durr didn’t own the car, and there were other people in it, including the front seat passenger, who was much closer to the weapon. The case was dropped seven weeks later, according to court records.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]